Covenant
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Covenant web pages
Raiding Expectations EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:15 pm by Whiskeytango

» So what happened?
Raiding Expectations EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:12 pm by Whiskeytango

» Long Time Away
Raiding Expectations EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 5:40 am by Whiskeytango

» LK Phase 2
Raiding Expectations EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:34 am by Marisela

» Tweaking Saton
Raiding Expectations EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 12:12 pm by Blackie

» Cataclysim comes early for us
Raiding Expectations EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:15 am by mackman

» New design for forums
Raiding Expectations EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:22 am by Whiskeytango

» What happened?
Raiding Expectations EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:16 am by Whiskeytango

» Cata collectors edition
Raiding Expectations EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 1:07 pm by Purrdey

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Raiding Expectations

+2
admin
Blackie
6 posters

Go down

Raiding Expectations Empty Raiding Expectations

Post  Blackie Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:04 am

Ok guys we've done a lot of talking and this is how I see it.

One: We have fine tanks but we have a problem coordinating them. Our two best tanks are just about on the opposite sides of the world. If we can start pairing up OT's with those two and start creating tank teams we can start forming raids around these teams. If you want to tank let us know and we'll support you getting geared. Note: please choose one raid function. If you're healing or DPSing or tanking it's fine with us but please don't ask us to gear up a healer, dpser and tank.

Two: Our healers have gone into raids as guests and performed just admirably. There's not a single Covenant healer that's "fail" We can tweak your performance but you're all on the right track.

Three: DPS is a numbers game. Fully raid buffed you need to be putting out the numbers. In a raid below 2K is unacceptable, 3K is questionable, if you're above 3K and you're getting dead because you're shooting the wrong thing it's unacceptable, if you're above 3K and you're dead because you're standing in the wrong place it's unacceptable. If you belong to an end game guild and all you have to do is produce huge amounts of DPS off uber geared tanks and healers your strategies will not work with our raid.

Four: The raid leader is the captain. Nobody talks while the raid leader is talking. Everyone does what the raid leader says even if it might seem stupid at the time. We don't let nubs lead our raids they're always thinking of some strategy.

Five: HAVE FUN DAMMIT

Blackie

Back to top Go down

Raiding Expectations Empty Re: Raiding Expectations

Post  admin Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:38 am

Agreed!

One thing I want to know is who really wants to progress in raids, and who just wants to kinda do it to have fun every once in awhile?

For those of you that are wanting to progress, we need you to sign up for our naxx and ulduar runs, it will be required as I know even if we don't need the gear, we need the cohesion and the only way to get a consistent team together is to do these lower raids and do them often.

It is time to get serious if that is what you want to do. Choose a role, choose your one and main toon, and dont deviate from that. We are down to fine tuning and upping dps, conserving mana and tanking the dance.
admin
admin
Admin

https://raid.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Raiding Expectations Empty RAIDs

Post  Whiskeytango Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:58 am

I couldnt agree more! If we are gearing you for future runs than carrying someone is not a problem...but otherwise if you go to a RAID be prepared for it...gear and skill set. For any RAID that isnt "EASY" have deadly boss mods addon loaded to your game ... it is your responsibility to know when to run in--when to run out---when to get out of fire and so on...
Whiskeytango
Whiskeytango

Back to top Go down

Post  admin Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:13 pm

Also in regards to gearing for future runs.

I would say that, it should be required now to be in t9 set before running. I got my rogue to lvl 80 and in 3 days time she was in full t9, by only running randoms. Now I know alot of people don't like to do the randoms, but having said that for you dpsers it really is not a hard thing to do. You Q up you run along behind people, keep quite and go fast...not too tough.

I understand it is more fun to run with guildies, but if you think about it, if you get the gear then we can have fun in the raids with less wipes!
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Raiding Expectations Empty Raid expects

Post  Altrenis Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:41 pm

I agree with blackies comments, was wonderin if gearscore should be a factor or not. we've all seen people who were really well geared, but couldn't play well, also for us dummies, what gear level is T9?? 245??

Altrenis

Back to top Go down

Post  admin Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:34 pm

232, and we will look at gearscore to an extent, skills is what we are looking at more closely, we will never say ohh you only have 2 pieces of t9 sorry you can't go.

so it is a guideline, my post was more to say that it is rather easily attainable and it is one effort everyone can strive for to get the gear to help to get the output that is needed in order to progress.
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Raiding Expectations Empty raids

Post  fdarr Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:08 pm

I agree with "Blackie's" comments. I would like to add that it is very hard for me to hear the leader of raid on vent so I am asking for no non-raid vent comments from the first ready check until the last disbursement of loot. I really am tired of talk of pets or comments about other non-raid items in the middle of a raid even if it is at a pause between fighting and please use raid chat if possible.
Also I made a number of suggestions in my post two weeks ago one of which is to train leaders of raids and spread it between the players that can do it. We have about five players that are good leaders and I think using them would be a great step forward (also it relives the pressure on the guild leader who really doesn't need to even attend all guild raids or allow him or her to observe the raid without having to lead it). My opinion is the guild leader should be more of an administration office to determine raids and schedule them, assign the leaders, oversee the raids and coordinate the player development.
Also I think other players should not schedule raids on the times set aside for guild raids unless they are lower level raids that won't conflict and any run should start early enough to be over 30 minutes before raid time to allow players to repair and doing anything else they need to before the guild raid.
Fdarr
PS: Sorry to leave you all. Many of you have helped me tremendously. I just got so tired of a lack of coutesy during raids (see above about hearing) and a lack of getting guild raids going. If you wait until you know you have everything just right you will never have everything just right. Also I think it is appropriate and I expected a little more feedback from those in authority about my raid comments that I got. And I seem to have a problem with two key players in the guild. So so long and good luck.

fdarr

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackie Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:45 am

Fdarr I'm sorry you felt you had to leave and I'm sorry that you feel such at odds with me. I'm trying to do the best for the guild so everyone can have fun. This includes making comments based on my knowledge base. It's perhaps an indicator that I've spent too much time playing WoW but I know quite a bit about the healing classes and I've healed on all of them. When I said you're a good healer I meant it. When I also said I'd like to help you improve I believed you could improve. I still believe that. The suggestion we go to AV was one based on the fact it's a raid we can get in easily and often and it's an environment where a healer learns fluidity. I've done my best to be respectful in this approach and while I'm not always the most tactful I do think this particular situation was handled with a lot of tact. Maybe I was too tactful. The fact remains we're trying to get our raid off the ground and we're listening to all the suggestions but we're making decisions on a leadership level and we can't explain all the minutae of what's going on to everyone. I'm certainly glad to talk to anyone that wants to talk to me but I'm also can't allow myself to be dictated to. As it stands right now we just had a very successful raid on OS with our new council member leading the raid and others assisting him. We met our goal and there was a great deal of cohesion in the raid. Sprout and Solace worked very well together and Kenzy and Myre assisted and comments were made after the raid and taken with all good grace.

Blackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackie Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:12 am

Seven replies one of them a goodbye note? I'm starting to think I'll have to put up with PUG raids to see content. I've got two raiding toons so Covenant won't lack for my participation and I know Sprout and Kenzy do too but what about the rest of you?

Blackie

Back to top Go down

Post  mackman Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:57 pm

i have never raided seriously before so im looking forward to it
mackman
mackman

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackie Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:07 am

I'd like to note here that plugging into an existing raid, especially a large one, does not mean you've got mad playing skills that you can bring to a progression raid like ours. It means that you're doing x amount of dps or heals that the raid formula needs. This is how many end game guilds operate. You're a cog in the machine and you don't really have to do anything at all but stand there like a robot and do your x amount of whatever with your y spec and hit your marks on the floor during the boss dance.

Blackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down