Covenant
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Covenant web pages
Dear Sprout: Discipline versus Holy? EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:15 pm by Whiskeytango

» So what happened?
Dear Sprout: Discipline versus Holy? EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:12 pm by Whiskeytango

» Long Time Away
Dear Sprout: Discipline versus Holy? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 5:40 am by Whiskeytango

» LK Phase 2
Dear Sprout: Discipline versus Holy? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:34 am by Marisela

» Tweaking Saton
Dear Sprout: Discipline versus Holy? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 12:12 pm by Blackie

» Cataclysim comes early for us
Dear Sprout: Discipline versus Holy? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:15 am by mackman

» New design for forums
Dear Sprout: Discipline versus Holy? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:22 am by Whiskeytango

» What happened?
Dear Sprout: Discipline versus Holy? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:16 am by Whiskeytango

» Cata collectors edition
Dear Sprout: Discipline versus Holy? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 1:07 pm by Purrdey

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dear Sprout: Discipline versus Holy?

3 posters

Go down

Dear Sprout: Discipline versus Holy? Empty Dear Sprout: Discipline versus Holy?

Post  Myre Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:29 pm

Dear Sprout,

I've been toying with a priest a few times, and I think I understand their general role in comparison to other healing classes. They have the biggest selection of healing spells for any situation, and that's their big advantage versus say, a Shaman or a Druid healer.

But, there's still one thing I don't quite understand: Discipline versus Holy healing.

It's odd to have two different healing specs, and before Burning Crusade I had heard that Discipline was the PvP spec only, but further into the expansions, I see more and more Healers playing Discipline over Holy for PvE healing.

What am I missing here? What's the difference between the two specs for PvE healing? Why would a priest choose Discipline over Holy, or Holy over Discipline?
Myre
Myre

Back to top Go down

Dear Sprout: Discipline versus Holy? Empty Hey myre

Post  Sprout Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:11 pm

Sorry its Im just getting back to you. A Discipline priest is more beneficial to be a single target power healer, and it's more PvP based. With higher stats Discipline can be a stronger all around healer but it is much harder to use, and will be much more pressing when it comes to raid heals and being mana conservant. Holy is an easy way to get entire raids topped off very quickly, and be a secondary healer for the tanks. It is very mana con-servant, and requires less overall gear to keep everyone alive. Holy priests are way better for the scenarios that someone important is about die. A holy priest can use many spells to instantly save and heal that person up to full. Discipline can do this too, but overall Discipline priests are the pally version of healer, and holy priests are the druid version of healers. Both are versatile and can be used for multiple things, and usually are good for specialized fights. Some people will be looking for a Discipline priest some people will be looking for a holy priest, its a good thing to duel spec if your looking to be invited to everything as a healer.

Sprout

Back to top Go down

Dear Sprout: Discipline versus Holy? Empty A new Healer that doesn't use totems... HAHA jk Myre

Post  mackman Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:09 am

I am starting a priest. Which is better to level Question
mackman
mackman

Back to top Go down

Dear Sprout: Discipline versus Holy? Empty Re: Dear Sprout: Discipline versus Holy?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down